The Website may change from time to time. As a result, we reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice.
Collection of personal information: we may collect personal information from you when you visit our website, respond to our emails, place orders via mail or fax, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook App) or otherwise contact us via telephone, text (SMS, MMS), email, fax or mail (collectively, our "Service"). Why we gather information from you, how we collect it, how we use it, and the choices you have regarding our use, access and correction of personal information you have provided.
You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe or register as a member (or 21 years or older in the event you place a request for transmission of an order for a product containing alcohol). The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children under 13 years of age.
Why do we gather information?
What information do we gather?
We collect information through our “Website”, emails, mail, fax, telephone, mobile devices and applications, and social media applications (such as our Facebook App) including when you:
- Visit our Website and use our Apps.
- Place an order.
- Participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, and membership registrations.
- Engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, members or users.
Information you provide to us may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or otherwise cancelled. Members may also add to their Address Book the name, address and telephone number of friends or other persons to whom they may wish to send gifts or expressions. Other Members do not have the right to view and edit your Address Book entries.
If you received a Sugarwish as a gift we will not provide your address or phone number to the person who sent the gift to you. We will let them know when you redeem your gift and communicate back any thank you message, stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
The types of Information we may collect:
1. Information you share with us directly
You may provide your Personal Information to us when you use the Website, including when you register with Sugarwish, search within or place orders through the Website, contact us with inquiries, respond to surveys, or otherwise access the Website. This information may include:
- User Profile – We collect profile information associated with your Sugarwish account. This includes information such as name, email address, delivery address, and phone number.
- Website -- We collect information related to that order. This may include information such as items purchased, special instructions, date and time of order, subtotal, and total. The organizer can monitor the redemption status and look at the items ordered by the invited receivers (family, friends, colleagues, event attendees, etc). When you choose to use our service to send a Sugarwish to receivers, you represent that you have their consent to provide us with their name, email address and/or phone number. You will automatically send the receivers of Sugarwish email, text, DM or SMS once an organizer's order is placed.
- Payment Information – Payment information is collected such as bank name and payment method.
- Surveys – From time-to-time, we invite our customers and users to participate in surveys. When a customer or a user participates, we request certain Personal Information such as name and email address.
2. Information Received From you as part of our order process
When you use the Website, complete electronic forms, communicate with or contact us, by online chat, email, phone or text, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and the activity you engaged in, for example: your name and contact information, your order details, the information you voluntarily provide to us, the nature of your communication, the purpose of the interaction, and any responsive action we took.
3. Information Collected Automatically
We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use the Website. This information may include:
- Technical Information – We collect technical information associated with your activity on the Website, which may include information related to your browser and operating system, IP address (the Internet address of your computer), unique device identifiers, and other information such as your device type. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the Website.
- Website Usage Information – We collect information to better understand customer traffic patterns and Website usage. This may include the webpage you were visiting before accessing the Website, the pages or features of the Website you browsed, and how much time you spend there. This information is used to analyze and improve the Website and to provide our customers with a better user experience.
4. Location Information
When you use the Website, we may collect general location information (such as IP address). If you permit the Website to access any location services, we may also collect the precise location of your device. This information may be used to help you select your delivery address, to provide more accurate deliveries of your orders, to provide recommendations to you, to enhance your user experience, and to improve the Website.
5. Information Related to Referrals
The Website allows users to invite friends and family (together, “Friend”) to sign up for the Website. Sometimes we offer a promotional value for every Friend who signs up and places an order through your referral link. To help you do this, we may request that you grant us access to your device address book. You can then direct us to send referral emails, SMS messages, or other communications to contacts you select in your address book. By sending a referral, you also consent to the Website sending your public profile image to the contacts you select to receive a referral link. By choosing to invite a Friend, you represent that you have received that Friend’s consent to provide their name and email address to us. The Website will use that information to send an email inviting them to visit the Website and will store that information to track the success of the referral program and may send marketing emails.
Website users may not send, publish, or share any false, misleading, or deceptive communications in connection with participation in referrals. Such actions may violate various federal, state, and/or international laws, including, but not limited to, the regulations and policies promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission. Website users may not send any referral emails, SMS messages, or other communications to children under the age of 13.
If you are referred to Website through one of our referral programs, or if someone attempts to refer you, we may share your name, whether you have already signed up for Website, whether you are a new customer, and whether you have placed a qualifying order with Website with the person(s) who referred you.
6. Personal Information from Publicly Available Sources and Third Parties
We may collect or receive Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, social network providers, marketing partners, and/or third parties. This may include:
- Social Network Information – We may receive information about you from other services. For example, we receive certain information from Facebook when you use their service to log in to the Website.
- Demographic Information – This characteristic information could include information such as income, marital status, spending habits, and other information pertaining to customers.
Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information.
- to make the Website function properly;
- to improve the Website;
- to recognize you when you return to Website and to remember information you have already provided, such as items already in your order cart;
- to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests; and
- to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of the Website.
Web beacons, also known as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on the Website to deliver or communicate with cookies, in order to track and measure the performance of the Website, to monitor how many web visitors we have, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on webpages (or in an email).
Online Analytics and Advertising Technologies
We and our third-party vendors may use automated technologies (including cookie identifiers on the Website), along with other collected information, to tailor ads or deliver content when you are on the Website.
We (or our service providers) may use the information we collect, for instance, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers, to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt-out of cross-device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your device settings. We may also use cross-device targeting to help identify our users and serve advertising. This type of advertising is often called “interest-based” or “personalized” advertising—and when it occurs on mobile apps, “cross-app” advertising.
Depending on your permissions, we may receive your Personal Information from your Internet service and device providers. Users of devices who do not want to receive interest-based advertising may opt-out in several ways. Each operating system, (iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You should view your device or system “Settings” to determine how you can opt out of the use of your device ID for “cross-app” personalized advertising.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect or receive about you for various purposes.
1. To Provide You with the Website
We use your information to provide you with the Website. For example, we use credit card information to complete a transaction, and we disclose your Personal Information to third parties who may provide or perform any part of the Services. Your information may be available or provided to third-party service providers that are contractually obligated to protect your information as disclosed in this Policy.
2. To Maintain, Improve, and Personalize the Services
We use your information for our everyday business operations such as auditing, administration of the Website, forum management, fulfilment, and analytics. Your information may also be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the Website. For example, it may be used to help us and/or our Merchants improve our offerings. We also use your information to personalize your experience. For example, we may personalize the content and features you see when visiting the Website. In addition, we may personalize advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests.
3. To Communicate with You
We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may send you text messages or other notifications about the status of your orders and deliveries. We may also contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications. In the event you contact us, we use certain information to respond to your questions and assist you with any issues that may arise in your use of the Website. If you send or receive text messages, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of fees, to enforce our Terms of Service, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, Website and its service providers will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
4. For Account and Network Security Purposes
We care about keeping you secure and safe while using the Website. Keeping you safe requires us to process your Personal Information, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information. We use such information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information.
5. To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Our Website is subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your Personal Information. For example, we process your Personal Information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, to ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws, or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law.
6. To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms of Service and Policies
When you access or use the Website, you are bound to our Terms of Service and this Policy. To ensure you comply with them, we process your Personal Information by actively monitoring, investigating, preventing and mitigating any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Website. We also process your Personal Information to investigate, prevent or mitigate violations of our internal terms, agreements or policies; and enforce our agreements with third parties and business partners.
7. To Protect You, Others, and Our Business
We use your information to protect you, others, and our business, including, and without limitation, using information for fraud prevention, for enforcement of our Terms of Service, to comply with the law, and to protect against security risks.
8. For Our Business Purposes
We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
Do we share information with third-party partners?
1. Service Providers
We may share your information with our third-party service providers for certain business purposes. This information is provided in order for them to provide us with services such as payment processing, advertising services, marketing partners, web analytics, data processing, IT services, customer support and other services. These third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
2. Third Parties and Merchants
To help provide you with a high-quality delivery we also may share your information, including your Personal Information and order details, with third parties who participate in order processing and delivery. Similarly, we may share with Website merchants your name, phone number, order information, customer feedback, and other information related to your orders.
3. Related Entities
We may share your information with our affiliates (entities that control or are under the control of the Website) for business purposes. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Policy with regard to their use of your information.
4. When Required by Law
We recognize that information related to your orders could contain private information. However, we may be required to disclose your information to third parties including law enforcement agencies when required to protect and defend our legal rights, protect the safety and security of users of the Website, prevent fraud, comply with the law, respond to legal process, or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
5. Corporate Transactions
In the event of sale, transfer, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
6. With Your Consent
We also may share or disclose your information with your consent or at your direction.
Security is important to us
Our Website has implemented administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information. However, no online activity is ever fully secure or error-free. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information is absolutely secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to the Website. Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you are on the Internet, or when you communicate with us and with others through the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account might have been compromised), or if you suspect someone else is using your account, please contact us immediately as indicated in the Contact Us section below.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Social Media Usage
You may choose to enable or log in to the Website via various online services, including social networking services like Facebook and Google. The Website also may enable you to access social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (collectively, “Social Network”) directly or indirectly through our Website.
When you link a Social Network account to the Website or log into the Website using your Social Network account, we may collect relevant Personal Information necessary to enable the Website to access that Social Network and your data contained within that Social Network. We also may share your information with the operator of that Social Network to facilitate or enhance delivery of that Social Network or other services to you. A Social Network may provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to them, and we will use, store, and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Additionally, a Social Network may collect Personal Information and information about your use of our Website automatically. The manner in which a Social Network collects, uses, stores, and discloses your information is governed by the policies of such third parties and Website shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Social Network that may be enabled within the Website. You may also have the option of posting your activities on the Website and other content to a Social Network when you access content through the Website. For example, you may post to Facebook that you placed an order with the Website. Keep in mind that your usage of Social Network features is governed by applicable Social Networks and not by Sugarwish.
How do we treat the information of children?
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
Your rights are important to us!
We provide our customers and their authorized agents with the ability to access and delete Personal Information. In order to exercise these rights, you must log in to your account to confirm your identity, which helps us ensure that Personal Information is only made accessible to appropriate parties. Customers will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their rights and can return to the service after deleting their information.
1. Your Rights
This section lists the privacy-related rights (“Rights”) we extend to all Website customers. Your right to know and right to deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our systems.
- Right to Know – You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you.
- Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you. We may save Personal Information when permitted by applicable law including, without limitation, when the information is needed for a legal purpose.
- Right to Rectification – If you are a registered Website user you may modify certain of your Personal Information by accessing the Website using your username and password and visiting the “Account” page. Registered Website users may also access the “Account” page to manage their subscriptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information – You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. The Website does not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination – The Website will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at support.sugarwish.com.